Auburn Animal Clinic has the expertise to treat rabbits and provide annual wellness exams to ensure that your pet is healthy. An annual exam gives us the opportunity to ensure that your pet is healthy and gives us baseline records for future reference in the event that your pet is ever sick. An annual exam is also the perfect time to answer any of your questions and concerns regarding your pet. If you have acquired a new rabbit, we recommend that you bring it in to see us within one to two weeks.
During the exam, your rabbit will receive:
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Thorough diet history and evaluation
- Dental examination and dental care recommendations as needed
- Diagnostic tests as needed
- Nutritional counseling
If your rabbit exhibits signs of illness, please call us right away; it probably is an emergency situation for your pet. Learn to recognize a sick pet—it is common for the first signs to go unnoticed. Common signs include:
- Changes in behavior, such as decreased activity level
- Decreased appetite
- Diarrhea or persistent abnormal droppings
- Coughing, sneezing, abnormal breathing sounds
- Weight loss, rapid weight gain
- Change in water intake
Please contact us right away if your pet is exhibiting signs of illness.